Cultivate an equitable educational experience for all students that will positively impact opportunity gaps for minority students to increase overall student achievement.
Please contact Dr. Kyle Schumacher, Superintendent for District 102, for further information firstname.lastname@example.org.
The La Grange School District 102 Committee for Equity & Minority Achievement will meet throughout the academic year and act as an advisory committee to the School Board that will advance high expectations and aims to cultivate an equitable educational experience for all students that will positively impact opportunity gaps for minority and low-income students to increase overall growth and achievement.
CEMA will focus on the following:
Fostering a district-wide and site-based climate and culture that supports systemic equity and improve student achievement for each student while narrowing the current and predictable racial/income opportunity gaps, through:
• analyzing student performance/growth data and program/educational structures in order to identify barriers to access rigorous
• actively creating, coordinating and supporting partnerships that engage students and families in boosting academic achievement;
• investigating national trends and best practices regarding equity to incorporate into all initiatives.
As an advisory committee to the District 102 School Board, the board is interested in appointing a diverse committee that includes individuals from varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences who:
• bring knowledge, experience and relationships that reflect the diversity of the District 102 community;
• have a strong interest in educational equity issues;
• can positively engage in the process of institutional change related to equity; and
• have experiences across multiple dimensions of diversity.
The committee’s membership will be comprised of District 102 staff/teachers, parents, and community members. The committee will have twenty-five members including administrators, staff, parents and community representation.
Individuals who wish to join the Committee for Equity & Minority Achievement will complete a CEMA application available at the district office or on the District 102 website. Applications shall be screened by a district administrator with recommendations going to the School Board. Members will serve two-year terms.
Click here for CEMA Application