Special Education Department Goals 2017-18
The Special Education Department has focused on the development of department goals. The goals that have been developed are a direct result of information we obtained from the Parent Forum held last April, and the various discussions we have had regarding the Strategic Plan. We are currently working with all special education staff to identify objectives for these goals and develop an action plan. Please feel free to offer comments or provide additional information as you review the information. We welcome any feedback and please send to email@example.com. We will continue to keep you apprised as we finalize this process.
SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT GOALS 2017-18
1. Conduct a program intervention audit on current practices followed by recommendations for aligning support from tiered intervention to special education.
- Objective 1. Develop a list of current programs, interventions, and training (Last 3 yrs).
- Objective 2. Analyze the special education student population and documented needs as identified in IEPs to determine if inventory of programs matches the needs.
- Objective 3. Develop a flowchart creating alignment and clarity of program options based on identified student needs.
2. Demonstrate student growth and success of program interventions and services.
- Objective 1: Utilize the Special Education Department Goal Data Collection Form at student annual review meetings.
- Objective 2: Analyze data to determine success of services and interventions and to identify gaps.
3. Increase communication regarding the various services, service providers and programs.
- Objective 1: Utilize website for dissemination of information pertinent to special education.
- Objective 2: Continue providing information through parent forums, both formal and informal.
- Objective 3: Focus efforts on educating general education staff regarding special education services and information.
4. Develop a proactive culture in the special education department to build trust and transparency with all stakeholders.
- Objective 1: Identify specific areas where stakeholders believe trust and transparency is lacking.
- Objective 2: Provide multiple opportunities for input from stakeholders.