La Grange Elementary School District 102 is a public school district in Cook County, Illinois, serving the La Grange, La Grange Park, and Brookfield communities. The district is made up of five schools, kindergarten through 6th Grade elementary schools which are Congress Park, Cossitt Avenue, Forest Road, and Ogden Avenue; and one middle school which is Park Junior High School. D102 is the largest feeder district to Lyons Township High School.
Our district has a high commitment to Equity and has promised to achieve equitable access to education for all. It is a promise to all stakeholders that the District will provide the necessary resources and practices to achieve equity for all our students, families, and staff. Equity in District 102 is when differences between people do not impede their achievement because all resources and opportunities are appropriate to their needs.
To ensure consistency in our Equity practices a series of committees are in place charged with providing substantive input into key district efforts and initiatives in the following areas:
- Development of a district-wide equity policy.
- Development of strategies that update hiring practices, requirements, and protocols.
- Creation of professional development expectations, and opportunities.
- Development of action steps for family and community engagement.
- Development of action steps for program access-talent development and tier support.
“Every Student. Every Day. No Exceptions. No Excuses” is not just our mission it is our practice."