Once the Superintendent makes a decision to close the district will:
- Post a closing notice on the district website (http://www.dist102.k12.il.us).
- Initiate an automated call to district parents and staff, if appropriate.
- Send emails to district staff, and parents via building level email lists.
- Send emails to members of the District's Key Communicator Mailing List
The purpose of the District 102 Key Communicator mailing list is to push out information to members to keep them informed of upcoming district events and other important information. Members will receive notifications when Board meeting materials are posted for upcoming School Board meetings, financial updates are posted to the District 102 website, new blogs are posted by the superintendent, and other district wide event notifications are warranted.
Anyone may join or unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
To join this list, please click here and fill out the form that is presented.
Use the unsubscribe link found in list emails to remove yourself from the list.
For any additional questions, please contact Juan Lyle, Technology Director, lylejudist102.k12.il.us or call 708-482-2400 x 2004
- Contact the website www.emergencyclosingcenter.com, which in turn reports weather-related school closings to local major media outlets.
No notice will be posted on the website for days on which schools are not closed unless schools were closed the previous day. If schools were closed, a notice that schools will be open will be posted prominently on the district website in order to avoid any confusion.
If you wish to receive notices from District 102 in case of school closings and are not already receiving notice through the above channels, please contact Juan Lyle at email@example.com for assistance.