Registration Information

*Please note you can not complete
online registration on a cell phone

Registration is still open.

Online Enrollment and Residency Verification applies to ALL students every school year. Enrollment involves going online to fill out and update the required information for your student. If you have multiple students, you must enroll each student online. This process can be completed via your computer, tablet/iPad, or similar. Online registration can not be completed on a cell phone. There will be computers and assistance available at your home school. Please note - you will not be able to complete online registration through the PowerSchool App.   

Your student’s enrollment is not confirmed until you have completed all steps and provided the required paperwork.



School Boundaries

Home schools are the following: Congress Park, Cossit, Forest Road, and Ogden. Based on your address, your home school is the school your child will be attending grades 1 through 6.

If your child will be attending Barnsdale, you will first need to select the school where your child will attend grades 1 through 6, then you will be able to select the Kindergarten of choice.


If you have recently moved into our school district, please click here to verify you reside within District Boundaries. Your student is considered as new to district 102 if…

  • Your family is new/recently moved to District 102

  • Your family has established a residence within District 102 boundaries and this is your first child enrolling in the district

  • Your child has never received services (Speech, Pre-K) or been enrolled in D102

  • Your child attended a D102 school but has transferred out to attend another school district before February.


All new to the district families must provide proof of residency. Please click here for the required documentation. All forms can be uploaded while completing the online registration form. Once you complete and submit the application you will not be able to log in to upload your forms. If you did not upload the required documents while completing the online registration forms, contact the school your child plans to attend to make arrangements to submit paperwork with them.

If you do not know your attendance area, please contact the Administration Center at 708-482-2400 for assistance.


New to district families, regardless of grade, must provide a copy of the student’s certified original birth certificate, the most recent physical, and immunization records. Also, if you have a kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th-grade student(s) you must provide the appropriate state-required medical forms. 


*Please note you can not complete
online registration on a cell phone

Follow the steps below to complete registration for a returning student.

  1. Log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal

  2. Click Returning Student Registration on the left-hand side of the main screen under Navigation

  3. If you have multiple children/students in the district, you will need to complete a registration form for all students. To do so, you will need to return to your PowerSchool Parent Portal and switch students, and follow the same registration steps above for your other child.

If you have a new D102 student entering the district, complete each returning student's registration before starting a New Student Registration.

RESIDENCY FOR ALL RETURNING FAMILIES/STUDENTS:  District 102 will perform a residency verification search through several public databases that will allow us to confirm you reside within D102 boundaries. We will contact you if additional paperwork is required.


Kindergarten registration is a TWO step process. 

First step - complete online registration. If you never registered a student in D102, please follow New Student instructions. Kindergarten students with older siblings will follow Returning Families/Student instructions. Please note, you need to complete registration for returning students before registering a new student. 

Second step - you must upload or bring the following paperwork to your kindergarten school of choice. Please note, once you have submitted your online registration form, you will not be able to make corrections or upload forms. Kindergarten placement is based on the order in which we receive your child's completed registration information as follows:  

PLEASE NOTE: Kindergarten spaces fill up quickly. Your child is not confirmed to attend kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year until the above paperwork is received. Your school choice is not confirmed until you are notified by a District Representative.

Additional Forms

Additional Forms

  You will also need to provide the following:

National School Lunch Program Applications

  • Student Insurance 2019-2020

Individual schools may have additional forms to complete to assist in the placement of new students.

**Students will begin school after their information is reviewed and verified and class placement is determined.

Health Information & Medical Forms

View the Health Services page HERE for more information.

If you have any additional questions, please connect with your Health Services Office, view information below for your child's school.

Barnsdale Health Office:

Congress Park Health Office:

Cossitt Health Office:

Forest Road Health Office:

Ogden Health Office:

Park Health Office:

Rules for Medication in School

The school board approved a medication policy that follows the State of Illinois guidelines.  Students whose doctors feel they need medication during school hours in order to maintain their health need a written order authorizing the school to administer the medication.