The Achievement Gap: What Are Our Schools Doing About It?
Presented by The League of Women Voters of the La Grange Area
and CommUnity Diversity Group of La Grange
When: Thursday, April 21, 2022, from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Zoom Webinar Panel Discussion
What do we mean when we talk about the achievement gap in our schools? Why is this important? How are our local school districts addressing this issue? What are the results so far, and how are they being measured?
Our panel discussion will include representatives from La Grange elementary districts 102 and 105 and Lyons Township High School District 204.
This event is free of charge and open to the public; registration is required.
Register at this link: https://tinyurl.com/achievemen...
For more information, visit www.lagrangearealwv.org. To suggest questions for the panelists, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction: Dr. Jennifer Rowe, Director of Equity and Belonging, LTHS
- Parent's Perspective: Michael Thomas, LTHS Board Member
- District 102: Dr. Bessie Boyd, Board Member
- District 105: Marci Ortiz, Director of English Learners and Kathryn Heeke, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- District 204: Dr. Brian Waterman, Superintendent
- Q & A