MOVIE SCREENING AND DISCUSSION
- Date/Time: Friday, Sept. 9th at 5:45 p.m.
- Location: La Grange Library, Lower Level
- Movie: PBS documentary Driving While Black: Race, Space and Mobility in America. The movie discusses the history of African Americans and automobiles.
- Refreshments will be served
31ST ANNUAL RACE UNITY RALLY
- Date/Time: Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 3 pm
- Location: La Grange Village Hall Auditorium
- Speaker: Adam Maycock, CEO and President of Advent Health La Grange and Hinsdale
- La Grange Race Unity Day Proclamation: La Grange Village President Mark Kuchler
- Land Acknowledgement: Joseph Standing Bear Schranz
- Minnie Carr Service Award to Rev. Alfredo C. Banks
- Lifetime Diversity Achievement Award to Sister Marlene Schemmel, CSJ, La Grange Park (posthumously)
- Update on La Grange Police Department: Chief Rob Wardlaw
- Youth Diversity Essays Read by CDG Scholarship Awardees
- Caring Place Youth Choir with Rev. Shawana McGee
2022 SUMMER READ
- Selected Book: The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGhee
- Read the selected book during the summer, and attend a book discussion in September. Book discussions are currently being scheduled.
We hope you'll join us!